What is an "event"?
If you sell the seats in a venue one time, that’s what we call an event. So an event is a single performance of a show, a single football match, a single concert. A "group of events" is what we call a season, even if it contains just 3 single events on consecutive days, or even on the same day.
What is a "used seat"?
We bill for “used seats” only. A seat can only be considered “used” once per event, regardless of the number of interactions, such as selections, status changes (e.g. bookings) on it. So the maximum you can be billed is the capacity of the venue for an event.
A seat is considered used if any of the following occur at least once, and from the first moment it happens:
- a user selects the seat (typically by clicking on it) and does not deselect it within the hour during the same browser session; or
- the seat status changes (e.g. to “booked”) through an API call, either directly or through the best available seat algorithm; or
- the seat gets assigned to a channel
Important to note:
- Places in general admission areas, booths or tables that are used in the same way, are also considered used seats.
- When a seat is used in a season, it’s considered used for every event in the season.
- A seat can be considered used only once per event. So if a user clicks on a seat and books it, that counts as 1 used seat - not 2. If, for whatever reason, that same seat is released again for the same event, and another user clicks on it and books it, those interactions all fall within the same single used seat definition - the seat is still billed only once.
What does "white label" mean?
It means your customers won't see the powered by seats.io link on the bottom right of floor plans that are rendered within your web application. As a result, the floor plans look like a fully integrated part of your own website.
What is the difference between your monthly and yearly plans?
Monthly plans are always postpaid: we invoice you at the end of each month.
Yearly plans are prepaid: you pay up front for an entire year for the number of booked seats mentioned. In return you get the flexibility to spread usage over a full year instead of month to month, particularly useful if you have high seasonal variation.
If your usage goes above the number purchased during the prepaid year, we invoice the over-usage monthly in arrears, based on actuals.
How can I pay?
We invoice you monthly or yearly, depending on the plan you have. We ask that you provide a valid credit card so we can charge you on issuing of invoice. You’ll receive an email with a link to the invoice for the period referenced.
How do I change my subscription plan?
You can change your subscription plan at any time, on a monthly basis going forward. You can move from any plan to any other plan. Any remaining unused seats under your previous plan remain valid.
So, e.g., if you want to move from Yearly Silver to Monthly Gold by 1 June, you have to make the change at the latest on 31st May.
You can easily change your subscription plan through your account. Here's a more detailed explanation
What does "90 days free use for integration & demo purposes" mean?
Using seats.io on your site requires some integration work. We don’t charge for access to and use of seats.io during this integration and testing period, and we will answer support questions through email or the chatbox on our website.
However, there is a time limit of 90 days, and you can’t use it in full production mode to actually sell seats.
How do I start using Seats.io on production?
In order to switch to production mode, simply click the “upgrade” button at the top right corner of your account admin page, and fill out the form. After you’ve provided your credit card details on a subsequent step, we’ll put your account into production as soon as possible.
Do you offer high-volume discounts?
Yes we do. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know what volume you anticipate and can commit to.
Do you offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
Yes, we do on Enterprise plans, i.e. for volumes over 240K seats / year or 20K seats / month. We invite you to read our SLA